Portable XRF Analyzers quickly and accurately analyze all types, shapes and sizes of metal and display the Grade ID and Chemistry. XRF (X-Ray Fluorescence) is a non-destructive technique which uses low-energy x-rays for identifying metal alloys and percent concentration of key elements.
Manufacturing and process industries use portable XRF instruments for PMI, NDT, incoming materials inspections and Q/A. Recycling and scrap facilities use XRF for identifying, sorting, and valuing metals. < T h (SDD) models have additional light-element capability for Magnesium, Silicon, Aluminum, Phosphorous, and Sulfur measurement.
Scrap Processing & Positive Materials Identification
The is the standard in nonferrous scrap sorting and for results on a wide range of non-ferrous alloys. Identify stainless, Cr/Moly steels, low alloy steels, Ni high-temp alloys, red metals, titanium alloys, Ni/Co superalloys, 97-3 & Ta, exotic alloy and even precious metals and auto/industrial catalysts
And, the is rugged, designed for outdoor durability - to withstand the tough processing environment for Scrap Sorting & Processing, with many user friendly features not found elsewhere.
- Reliable ID in 1-2 seconds for most grades
- Precise analysis of difficult grade separations 304, 321, P91, many low-alloy steels.
- Tramp and residual elements can be controlled with high precision.
- Sort and grade Aluminums in Air
- Lowest Magnesium (Mg) measurement available
- On-Screen comparison of the test piece with grade standards
- Smart Sort speeds separation of similar alloys
- Sort turnings, wire, other non-uniform materials