The EQUILIBRATOR® Passive Diffusion Sampler (PDS or PDB) is the world-wide number one passive groundwater sampler.
Diffusion samplers obtain representative, discrete interval samples of Volatile Organic Compounds in groundwater without purging or pumping. Effective for any site where VOCs are the main contaminant of concern.
Prefilled Equilibrator PDBs: For the easiest and most convenient installation, order prefilled samplers so they arrive on-site filled with certified de-ionized (DI) water, ready to install. Certificate of Analysis (COA) available for each DI water lot And,we've simplified the order process so that each size of prefilled Equilibrator now has it's own item order number, which includes the filling service.
De-ionized Water Travel Blanks: EON provides a separate and inexpensive water "Travel Blank" of the exact same DI water and membrane used in the prefilled sampler so you can validate the pre-installation contents without sacrificing a sampler.
Fill Your Own Equilibrator PDBs:: Order the unfilled Equilibrator PDBs and fill them with de-ionized water, on site, in your office or any other convenient place, using water from your lab or get bottled de-ionized water from EON.
How Easy Is It? Attach the PDB filled with DI water to a suspension tether using zip-ties and lower into the saturated zone in the well screen. While installed, VOC molecules from the water in the well diffuse through the semi-permeable sampler membrane until the VOC concentrations in the sampler are in equilibrium with the surrounding groundwater.The sampler contents maintain equilibration with the surrounding groundwater even when the groundwater concentrations change. Recover the Equilibrator at the next sampling event and install another sampler for the next round. No need to go back to the well just for recovery and there is virtually no maximum time between installation and recovery!
Why Use the Equilibrator®?
- Reduce Sampling Cost 50%-70% by Eliminating Field Time Spent Purging and the Cost of Purge-Water Disposal.
- No Expensive, Complicated, or Bulky Equipment to Purchase, Maintain, or Mobilize.
- Obtain Depth-Specific Concentration.
- Reduce Sampling Error and Improve Repeatability.
- Sustainable & Green Sampling Method. Minimize Disposable and Life Cycle Cost Materials.
Make Sampling Even EASIER with these Optional Services:
- Suspension Tether Preparation Service. EON will use your well construction data to construct cut-to-length suspension tethers for individual wells. Click Here to go to Suspension Tether Preparation Services.
- Project Quotation. Want to know the all components and cost for a project? Just contact EON or download, fill in, and return our Well Data Form. Click for our Well Data Form
- Prepackaged Equilibrator Kits are fast and convenient. Each kit has 12 prefilled, 350 ml, Equilibrator PDBs, a DI water blank, sampler discharge straws, and zip ties. Need it fast? Order by the Kit!
Contact EON for application and service assistance.