Advantages to Non-Stop (In/Out) Sampling with No Well Equilibration Time Using the Speedbag:
• For the first deployment at the new site, the user can collect the first sample using the Speedbag and then leave a fresh standard Hydrasleeve or Speedbag in the well screen to be recovered to the next round of sampling.
• Immediate recovery will allow for significant time savings when conducting comparison studies. Just one trip to the well when comparing Hydrasleeves tp pumped samples.
• The in/out method utilized with the Speedbag reduces sample turbidity. It only collects at the time of collection. This eliminates the accumulation of in-well sediment on top of the sampler over time. In fact, it provides the least turbid samples possible with the Hydrasleeve.
• A 900mls sample can be collected from any open well (2-inch schedule 80 and larger) at any time with sampling equipment that fits in your tool box. Please remember to oscillate the Speedbag several times when using these in wells that are larger than 2-inch diameter.
• The Speedbags can be easily shortened to recover less sample volume. There is even a weld mark along the side of the Speedbag which marks the size needed to collect 500 mls of sample.
• Currently the minimum well diameter is a 2-inch schedule 80 with a maximum sample volume of 900 mls.
• Has only been tested using a 2-inch Speedbag; has not been tested for 4-inch units. (However, you can use this in/out method with any 2-inch, bottom-weighted Hydrasleve in a 4-inch well and immediately recover the sample without mixing, just remember to oscillate the Hydrasleeve on recovery).
• When using the Speedbag, you must pull up hard 1-2 feet once on the tether to pop open the check valve; let the assembly drop back down to the starting point and then quickly recover through the well screen to the surface.
• The Speedbag is not intended for any top-weighted configurations.
• Must have minimum 8 feet of saturated screen to recover 900 mls using the Speedbag Hydrasleeve; however, the Speedbag can also be shortened for less sample volume and shorter saturated screens.
• The Speedbag can be cycled up and down (in addition to the initial pull to activate the check valve) to collect samples in short water columns.