The HydraSleeve SpeedBag™was designed to minimize drag-down so a sample can be retrieved from a 2-inch well immediately after sampler installation without waiting for well re-stabilization. The filling action and valve mechanism of the SpeedBag is the same as a standard HydraSleeve, recovering water from the sample zone in the well screen and then isolating and sealing the sample from surrounding water as it is recovered.
How is it Different than a HydraSleeve™?
The SpeedBag has a pair of circular openings located below the top of the sampler and above the check valve. These openings prevent the accumulation of small amounts of water above the check valve as the sampler is lowered.
What Do I need to Know About the SpeedBag™?
The SpeedBag streamlines flow around the sampler and will require an additional step when retrieving from the well. While the hole above the check valve allows water to flow past while the bag is being installed, it also does not allow for immediate full opening of the check valve on retrieval. To pop open the check valve, pull up hard on the tether 1 to 2 feet and then let the assembly drop back down to the starting point. Repeat this "oscillating" motion 5 times then quickly recover the SpeedBag by rapidly pulling it through the sample zone. Once out of the sample zone, pull the SpeedBag at a normal rate to the surface, exactly like a HydraSleeve. Top Weights should not be used with the SpeedBag.
Why Use the SpeedBag™?
- Reduce Sampling Cost 50%-70% by Eliminating Field Time Spent Purging and the Cost of Purge-Water Disposal.
- Speed Up Sampling Even More by Eliminating Waiting for Well Stabilization
- It's Easy! No Special Tools or Equipment
- Obtain Depth-Specific Concentration.
- Sample for ALL Compounds.
- Sample Slow Recharge Wells
The HydraSleeve SpeedBag™, obtains a sample volume of 900 ml, based on its diameter and length. Be sure to check with your lab and ask the minimum volume requirements for your compounds of interest.
Do You Want a Field-Ready Installation?
Suspension Tether Preparation Service. EON will use your well construction data to construct cut-to-length suspension tethers for individual wells. Includes;. Click Here to go to Tether Preparation Services.
- Project Quotation. Want to know the all components and cost for a project? Just contact EON or download, fill in, and return our Well Data Form. Click for our Well Data Form.